Singularity Biology: small elements change the function of the whole systems
ICSB2019 Satellite Workshop
Organizer: Shuichi Onami (RIKEN BDR)
Call for Presentation
Applications for presentations are welcome. Presentations will be selected after careful review and we will contact you by e-mail.
Please download the Abstract submission form, fill in contact person’s name, e-mail address, title of your talk, name and affilications of authers, and abstract (~300 words or 1 page of A4). Then please put the following heading on the Subject/Title of the e-mail together with the abstract form: “ICSB 2019 Singularity Biology Workshop Abstract submission”.
The workshop provides “FREE” lunchbox for attendees sponsored by THORLABS Japan.
Please download the Registration form, fill in your name, affliation, and e-mail address. (if you have special culinary request for lunchbox, please let us know). Then please put the following heading on the Subject/Title of the e-mail together with the registration form: “ICSB 2019 Singularity Biology Workshop Registration”.
Notice: Registration to the ICSB2019 main conference is also required.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Sep 10, 2019 at 12:00 (JST)
- Workshop Registration Deadline: Oct 7, 2019 at 12:00 (JST)
In the field of biology, discontinuous critical phenomena (singularities) are broadly seen, e.g. the evolution and outbreak of diseases. It has been suggested that only a small number of core elements are required to bring about discontinuous changes to an entire multi-component system. In this workshop, we aimed at exploring possible biological targets and technological developments toward uncovering the mechanisms of generating singularity cells, i.e. small number of cells that drive singularity phenomena, as well as their biological functions.
Date: October 31, 9:00 – 14:00
Room: Room 5
- 9:00 – 9:10 Opening Remark
- 9:10 – 9:28 Kazuki Horikawa (Tokushima University)
- 9:28 – 9:46 Hiroko Bannai (Keio University)
- 9:46 – 10:04 Hitoshi Hashimoto (Osaka University)
- 10:04 – 10:17 Contributed talk 1
- 10:32 – 10:50 Tomoya Katakai (Niigata University)
- 10:50 – 11:08 Tomonobu Watanabe (RIKEN BDR)
- 11:08 – 11:26 Takeharu Nagai (Osaka University)
- 11:26 – 11:39 Contributed talk 2
- 11:39 – 11:57 Katsuyuki Shiroguchi (RIKEN BDR)
- 12:05 – 12:20 Industry talk 1
- 12:20 – 12:35 Industry talk 2
- 12:35 – 12:60 Industry talk 3
- 13:00 – 13:18 Shuichi Onami (RIKEN BDR)
- 13:18 – 13:31 Contributed talk 3
- 13:31 – 13:49 Tamiki Komatsuzaki (Hokkaido University)
- 13:49 – 14:00 Concluding remark
Lunch box will be provided by THORLABS Japan.
- Shuichi Onami (RIKEN BDR)
- Email: email@example.com